Wednesday, June 17, 2009

THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

In the quiet of 3 AM this morning, I was ripped awake by a knife-like jabbing in my left lung. At first, I thought it was just the usual digging of The Loudon feet into my neck, throat or chest cavity, but I soon realized that he was sleeping soundly at the end of my bed, with feet tucked far away from me.

Hmm. What in the mother of pearl?????.......OW!

Every time I took a deep breath or moved a certain way, slicing pain shot through me. A broken rib? No. A pulled muscle? I don't think so. Pneumonia? No, I'm not sick. A pulmonary embolism? Yes, probably.

I tried to get comfy again, but it wasn't possible, so I stumbled into the kitchen in search of some Advil and cold water. I returned to bed and waited.

Is Mama still breathing? Yes. Has Mama fainted yet? No. Is Mama bleeding out of her ears? No.

Sadly, after having children, this is now Mama's criteria for panic. (please listen to your own panic, and don't blame Mama if yours turns out to be a visit from the Grim Reaper!)

Finally, I drifted off at around the same time as Ronan was waking up.

Time to make pancakes and eggs!

Mama's eyes are furry, and I try to turn on the burner, but my pan isn't heating! Hmm. I lean over the stove to see what's going on, and suddenly I hear crackling and I see smoke!

What in the????!!!!! Oh, it's my hair on fire!! I turned on the wrong burner! Yes, that's it! No wonder!

MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!!!!

Mama's burning!!!

I throw water on my hair, and it goes out, but what is that smoke near the stove now???

Oh, it's my carton of eggs on fire now!

Well, I wanted to cook them, but not like that!! Into the water they go too.

Mama's singed, wet, the eggs went up in smoke, I am having a pulmonary embolism and I am sleep deprived going into an overnight at work at 10 PM!

Mama has decided that this is going to be the BEST DAY EVER!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment